Windows 8 Hard Freezes
Just finished building a computer with the following specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB
Storage: 250GB Samsung 840-Series SSD Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (ACX Cooling Edition)
Wireless Network Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N250PCe 802.11b/g/n
Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 800D ATX Full Tower Case
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (x2)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Other: Rosewill 5.25-Inch 2 Port USB 3.0/4 Port USB 2.0 Hub
Other: NZXT Technologies 5.25-Inch Hue RGB LED Color Changing Controller
When I run many programs, I experience a hard freeze with repeating sounds. So far the list of programs is as such: Chrome running Twitch.tv, Dota 2, Minecraft, EVE Online, Tropico 4. Notably not playing music from Spotify or simply idling for long periods of time.
I've updated my drivers on pretty much everything, Mobo, HDD, Gfx Card, Mouse/Keyboard. Only device I can't figure out is a "PCI Simple Communications Controller" with an ID of "\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_8C3A1849&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0"
No clue what it is since I already have Drivers for my Network card.
Ran Memtest twice with no errors. Event viewer is showing nothing harshly negative other than some recurring registry leaking.
"Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards."
43 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-2064953435-2666972605-4172794769-1001: Process 660 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\lsass.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER<String of numbers> Process 660 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\lsass.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER<String of numbers>
Any ideas or troubleshooting I could do?
Edit 7:27PM - Found 53 Windows Updates, going to try installing those.
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Windows 8 Hard Freezes
Can you answer these?
- Answer Trouble with new hard drive.
- Answer In Windows 7 (64-bit), Internet Explorer 32-bit does not display pages, while 64-bit version does.
- Answer Flash player is spiking my cpu usage
- Answer Autosave/recover feature in Adobe Illustrator CC?
- Answer 6 or 7 year old Toshiba laptop with Vista showing black screen with blinking underscore.
- Answer Device's connected to my wi-fi "unable to optain IP addresss".. Any Ideas?
- Answer My computer turns on, but nothing comes out on the screen
- Answer Crash accompanied with sound in speakers on a new build. Occurs at random and when I try to install ms office.
- Answer Submitted an Office key to officesetup.getmicrosoftkey.com forgetting I already did, now the exact same key and links show up twice
- Answer Hey Reddit, My PC has been giving me an error for a few months now (Help!) [xpost from- AskReddit]