so i am having some problems with my new laptop ASUS N76VM.
i have read up on the problem for the past couple of days, as it seem to be UEFI related. i first tried to use the WUBI installer and since then it seems to have left some sort of boot setup behind.
At every boot, even after formatting the partition i created for my ubuntu install, i get to choose between windows 7 or ubuntu, but no matter what, if i choose to boot in ubuntu i get a /ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr error.
The WUBI failed due to the UEFI problem, my BIOS holds no setup to disable the EFI protocol, so after a while i tried to install the x64 12.10 version from the LiveUSB stick, and chose to boot in UEFI USB mode. This installed just fine for the first time, but on boot i still get the choice between Ubuntu and Windows 7, but when booting into Ubuntu i get the /ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr error right away.
Since the "/ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr" error shows up along with the choice of booting into Ubuntu. even when nothing should be installed except windows 7, i would think that the WUBI installer have messed something up in the bootloader.
Anyone has any good ideas?
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Can you answer these?
- Answer Recent patch to 14.04LTS messed up screen display (Ubuntu in VMware Player) [duplicate]
- Answer SQL Anywhere , Ubuntu 12.04 x86
- Answer ubuntu randomly restarting
- Answer How can we automatically merge PDF files?
- Answer Ubuntu 14.04 DVD playback stuttering
- Answer Which release of Ubuntu does not have black screen boot up issues (requiring solutions like nomodeset and the like)?
- Answer how to import tasks in Korganiser
- Answer Constant noise in speakers and headphones
- Answer how to disable kvm for installing VMware player
- Answer Nvidia ASUS Strix gtx960 Kubuntu 14.04: screen tear and ghosting.