so i am having some problems with my new laptop ASUS N76VM.
i have read up on the problem for the past couple of days, as it seem to be UEFI related. i first tried to use the WUBI installer and since then it seems to have left some sort of boot setup behind.
At every boot, even after formatting the partition i created for my ubuntu install, i get to choose between windows 7 or ubuntu, but no matter what, if i choose to boot in ubuntu i get a /ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr error.
The WUBI failed due to the UEFI problem, my BIOS holds no setup to disable the EFI protocol, so after a while i tried to install the x64 12.10 version from the LiveUSB stick, and chose to boot in UEFI USB mode. This installed just fine for the first time, but on boot i still get the choice between Ubuntu and Windows 7, but when booting into Ubuntu i get the /ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr error right away.
Since the "/ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr" error shows up along with the choice of booting into Ubuntu. even when nothing should be installed except windows 7, i would think that the WUBI installer have messed something up in the bootloader.
Anyone has any good ideas?
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Can you answer these?
- Answer Listen port 80 - Watching received requests - Apache
- Answer Dual Booting UEFI After bad Install, What happens to old Boot Loader?
- Answer Ubuntu software center Hanging
- Answer Brother DCP-7055 scanner: where do I put vendor/product ID?
- Answer 14.04.2 installation is interrupted by error message
- Answer Convert a bunch of jpegs to a movie
- Answer Juju security model issues
- Answer Ubuntu Stuck Logging IN
- Answer Installing CUDA on Ubuntu 12.04 with nvidia driver 295.59
- Answer Ubuntu 13.10 Screen Flickering