so i am having some problems with my new laptop ASUS N76VM.
i have read up on the problem for the past couple of days, as it seem to be UEFI related. i first tried to use the WUBI installer and since then it seems to have left some sort of boot setup behind.
At every boot, even after formatting the partition i created for my ubuntu install, i get to choose between windows 7 or ubuntu, but no matter what, if i choose to boot in ubuntu i get a /ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr error.
The WUBI failed due to the UEFI problem, my BIOS holds no setup to disable the EFI protocol, so after a while i tried to install the x64 12.10 version from the LiveUSB stick, and chose to boot in UEFI USB mode. This installed just fine for the first time, but on boot i still get the choice between Ubuntu and Windows 7, but when booting into Ubuntu i get the /ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr error right away.
Since the "/ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr" error shows up along with the choice of booting into Ubuntu. even when nothing should be installed except windows 7, i would think that the WUBI installer have messed something up in the bootloader.
Anyone has any good ideas?
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Can you answer these?
- Answer How to remove all files from a directory?
- Answer How do I create daemon profiler or is there a better way to do so?
- Answer How do I stop Gimp from autolaunching on startup?
- Answer why is Ubuntu 14.04 so much slower than 10.04, when the website leads one to believe it is faster?
- Answer How to create images from iso for KVM?
- Answer Wireless working fine- but cannot connect wired ethernet in Ubuntu 13.04
- Answer Installing Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or 13.04 on Sony Vaio Pro 13 [HELP]
- Answer Automatic Login to Desktop with Xubuntu Vivid 15.04?
- Answer any idea why my firefox looks like it?
- Answer Help: “aptd” is maxing out my CPU?