so i am having some problems with my new laptop ASUS N76VM.
i have read up on the problem for the past couple of days, as it seem to be UEFI related. i first tried to use the WUBI installer and since then it seems to have left some sort of boot setup behind.
At every boot, even after formatting the partition i created for my ubuntu install, i get to choose between windows 7 or ubuntu, but no matter what, if i choose to boot in ubuntu i get a /ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr error.
The WUBI failed due to the UEFI problem, my BIOS holds no setup to disable the EFI protocol, so after a while i tried to install the x64 12.10 version from the LiveUSB stick, and chose to boot in UEFI USB mode. This installed just fine for the first time, but on boot i still get the choice between Ubuntu and Windows 7, but when booting into Ubuntu i get the /ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr error right away.
Since the "/ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr" error shows up along with the choice of booting into Ubuntu. even when nothing should be installed except windows 7, i would think that the WUBI installer have messed something up in the bootloader.
Anyone has any good ideas?
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Can you answer these?
- Answer Windows 8.1 won't let me start up from Ubuntu CD
- Answer Persistant drive viewable files
- Answer access ubuntu server running in virtualbox from outside network?
- Answer How can I play another mp3 file without having to close the current playing file in vlc?
- Answer Startx Segmentation fault error after installing virtualGuest Additions for virtualbox
- Answer Nautilus 'Connect to server' with SSH not working while an SSH connection does work from the terminal
- Answer Windows 8,1 Dualboot Ubuntu 13.10
- Answer Can I install Ubuntu Through Terminal In Live CD
- Answer How do I display Chinese/Japanese characters in a Linux VT console?
- Answer How should I do to resize a partition taking free space from ntfs partition?