so i am having some problems with my new laptop ASUS N76VM.
i have read up on the problem for the past couple of days, as it seem to be UEFI related. i first tried to use the WUBI installer and since then it seems to have left some sort of boot setup behind.
At every boot, even after formatting the partition i created for my ubuntu install, i get to choose between windows 7 or ubuntu, but no matter what, if i choose to boot in ubuntu i get a /ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr error.
The WUBI failed due to the UEFI problem, my BIOS holds no setup to disable the EFI protocol, so after a while i tried to install the x64 12.10 version from the LiveUSB stick, and chose to boot in UEFI USB mode. This installed just fine for the first time, but on boot i still get the choice between Ubuntu and Windows 7, but when booting into Ubuntu i get the /ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr error right away.
Since the "/ubuntu/winboot/wubildr.mbr" error shows up along with the choice of booting into Ubuntu. even when nothing should be installed except windows 7, i would think that the WUBI installer have messed something up in the bootloader.
Anyone has any good ideas?
View Local Answers... Can't find the answer to this question?
No answers yet.
Can you answer this question?
Can you answer these?
- Answer Kernel Panic while installing Ubuntu 14.04
- Answer Printer installation
- Answer Installation via a network switch (Ethernet)
- Answer Rename files in group
- Answer Ubuntu VPS hangs constantly when unpacking anything! apt-get or dpkg hangs!
- Answer black screen on boot nvidia optimus card
- Answer ePSXe or pSX do not work
- Answer Is Face Recognition coming to Shotwell?
- Answer Ubuntu 12.10 and Epson XP-305 printer problem / installation
- Answer Ubuntu Server CD dont start the installation process